View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 08:47 PM   #6
ApS

Question Cray "Z" Eyes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamper View Post
"Shiny lumps"

Probably iron pyrite. Put a magnet on it. Gold is not affected by magnets. A pie plate with pyrites in it would be an interesting conversation starter.

NH has lots of iron but nothing worthwhile commercially, in a couple centuries.
I'm not looking for iron... ...but will return with a sluice. (Just in case I'm missing out).

Something in the lake has concentrated in the shallows, though.

While removing heavy wooden steps from the dock in knee-deep water, an itchy rash was produced from my knees to my ankles—fully. That's never happened before, and I take the same amount of time to replace the steps every Spring.

Getting back to my real find, the crayfish could have been a cast-off exoskeleton, as they are indistinguishable from a live crayfish. So I poked one antenna, and got less than a response. Poking the other antenna told a different story—below.

But when released, the poor thing could barely amble off through minimal boat wakes. He (a blue-claw) crawled behind the steps, so I left my "task for the day" and the crayfish to his fate.

Could the reason for crayfish rarity (and gender-confusion in Florida alligators) be traced to estrogen and progestin?

There's something wrong with his eyes:
Attached Images

ApS is offline   Reply With Quote