View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 11:56 AM   #6
Mee-n-Mac

Lightbulb A tiny shortcut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfromaltonbay
This is the route I take: The Garden State Parkway to NY Thruway. Tappan Zee to 287 East. Take Exit 9N and get on the Merritt Parkway. Take the Merritt (15) to 91N in Meriden, CT. This brings you to 84E in East Hartford. 84 to Mass Pike to Exit 11a for 495 North. I take 3 North in Chelmsford and take the Everett Tpke. which merges with 93N in Hooksett. I then take Exit 15 in Concord to 393, 4, 202. Follow to the Epsom Circle and then head north on 28 to Route 11 in Alton.
You can shave a few more miles off if you want to. On 4/202 in Chichester you can take a left at the lights (by Mike's and the Hess gas station). This will bring you through center Chichester, skipping the Epsom circle. Follow the curving road to it's end and then take a left onto Rt28. You'll be just south of Freaky's (sp?) ice cream. It doesn't save that much time, a few minutes probably (unless the traffic at the circle is bad, then it's more) but you get to see the inventive sayings on the church, and sometimes on the town hall, bulletin boards.