Thread: Bike Week
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 08:17 PM   #24
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolyourjets View Post

How so? Liberal states, e.g., Mass, RI, NY, CT, NJ, are proceeding at a snail's pace. Mass just opened up outside seating, where NH (not necessarily a conservative haven) has had it since early June and Florida, Georgia and Texas even earlier. Four of my favorite restaurants in Kendall Square where I have an apartment, The Automatic, Dante, Legal Seafoods and Cuchi Cuchi, have closed forever. For what? If Governor Baker had it his way, nothing would ever open. The Boston Globe would approve.
Amazing that you think it's over once states start opening back up. But I suppose that's what Trump and Pence have been asserting as well.

But back to reality--as you can see from the link, dozens of states are seeing cases still rising. The Republican Governor of Texas has (smartly) told local officials it's OK to restrict crowds more than the state already has. The Republican Governor of Florida is threatening to shut down restaurants that operate at "full throttle" to use your term. The bummer about science, data, facts, logic, etc, is that they tend to prove out in the end, much more than hopes, dreams, and political BS

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/06/...texas-arizona/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post: