View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 03:28 AM   #86
ApS

Unhappy Laconia? Check with Our Neighbors in Burlington and Lewiston...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
You highlight our differences in approach. Rather than blame others, an approach where an individual takes responsibility for his or her situation is better. Self-reliance, accountability and zero tolerance from the rest of us is the path to solving this problem. For every teen who dies from a one time ingestion (which is tragic), I can name dozens of friends and acquaintances over the years who died of substance abuse, whether from drug use or alcohol abuse. Without exception, each individual had only themselves to blame. They brought heartache and misery to their families. They were smart individuals, but could not make the commitment to stop using. We have known for a long time that being prescribed opioids to "manage pain" is a bad idea. Personally, when I've had surgeries or procedures and the doctor offered pain medicine, I declined. And if you really wanted to stop the flow of fentanyl into the U.S., wouldn't you want to immediately close the border? Nearly all illegal drugs coming into the U.S. come through our Southern border. The drug cartels have replaced Purdue, and we don't care. Where are the lawsuits against the cartels? We give them a good leaving alone since influx of drugs is collateral damage to having 10,000,000+ democrat voters.
I was grateful for morphine during knee replacement recovery--and was prescribed opioids for kidney stone attacks. Regarding the latter, one had to take it immediately when sensing an attack; otherwise, there was scant relief from humanity's worst pain.

("Relief", such as it was).

Once I misdiagnosed an attack (which didn't develop into an attack). Upon taking the opioid, I laid down on my back and was gradually relieved of pains I didn't realize I'd been living with!

However, I learned then how addictive opioids could be. I learned even further when in my doctor's waiting room, a patient--accompanied by his mother(!)--was creating a furor with his medical staff. My doctor walked out to confront his issue--which almost came to fisticuffs! Although much smaller in stature the doctor--a U.S. Marine Reservist--managed to verbally send the young drug-abuser on his way.

My points: don't submit to any OTC drug, be it nicotine, alcohol, vaping, mushrooms, or Marijuana. Sooner or later, such behavior shows up on paper...