Thread: The Woodshed
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 11:43 AM   #15
Pine Island Guy

Default 1972...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgilfert View Post
BTW, this article states that the restaurant opened for business in 1979 however my wife and I ate dinner there (as The Woodshed) while on our honeymoon in early Sept 1976. I've never understood why it always gets erroneously reported as 1979?!
I believe the Woodshed was opened by the Tower family for the summer of 1972... I was a dishwasher at Longwood Farms in Center Harbor (where Canoe is now), with Rick Tower managing it... and his parents were running the new Woodshed... When I showed up at Longwood the Saturday night of Labor Day weekend, Rick said that both dishwashers at the Woodshed had not showed up because of some incident (my distant memory was car accident coupled with DUI)... and asked me to fill in over there...

By the time I got over there at 5pm, the dishes were already backed up, and I didn't pause until after midnight... one of the more miserable nights of the summer (earning a whopping $1.65/hour)!

Since then, we have had several really enjoyable meals there over the past years and I wish the new owner success and look forward to eating there again soon

A quiet day on the lake today... PIG
Pine Island Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Pine Island Guy For This Useful Post: