View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 07:49 PM   #9
ApS

Arrow Better a Navy Doctor...but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakegeezer View Post
Sorry Jeffk. I don't think there is a way to change your vote. I realized that shortly after the poll went up. Perhaps we should start a new one at the beginning of each week and watch how it changes.
Good idea.

Today, a retired Army doctor has put forth his dispassionate opinion of how COVID-19 will proceed. Since he's addressed other questioners, I've shortened his response for clarity:

Quote:
"The new deaths will continue to increase until the impact of our isolation program kicks in. We will see the number of new deaths start to increase then.. think of it as a supply chain.

"[T]hink of it as a roller coaster train going up a hill. The new infected are in the front car, the mild in the next, the seriously ill in the next, and the dying in the last.

"Obviously, the dying are going to be the 'last over the hump'. That will happen next weekend some time and the number of total [US] dead will be around 5,000 which is what I sort of guessed days ago.

"The scary part will be when half of that comes in just 24 to 36 hours. People may panic. Don’t. It’s to be expected".
I think he's got a handle on this "viral" epidemic, and plan to ask for corrections following this weekend. Much depends on how well our citizens have "sheltered-in-place" or should have isolated themselves.
The Following User Says Thank You to ApS For This Useful Post: