Thread: Swamped Jet Ski
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 04:13 PM   #12
Charlie T

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
I will not claim the BBB to be perfect, however I would not say they are a scam. Certainly if companies want a good rating the need to pay and get BBB credentials.... if they don't pay and aren't part of the BBB and its up to the public to understand that a Bad grade from the BBB means simply that they may not be a member. The key is that the BBB, will help you try and resolve you grievance. My family has used them and the mediation services more then one. The best is when the Company is a member of the BBB, because, then the company has to go along with the mediation results, or take hits on their rating.... Don't bust down the BBB because of sensational journalism.
LI I have to disagree.

My company paid the more than $600.00 annual fee to join and remain current with the BBB. When we realized they were not all they were supposed to be we canceled our membership after several years of active membership. In response to our cancelation we received heavy handed "salesmanship" and thinly veiled threats of what a negative rating would mean to our business. We were told the only way to ensure a positive BBB rating was an active, paid membership.

Personal experience has proven to me that that 20/20 report was not "Sensational journalism" as you claim.
Charlie T is offline   Reply With Quote