View Single Post
Old 12-10-2022, 08:43 AM   #9
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

I have a seasonal guest house that I blow out and shut down every winter. The water feed is underground from another house that I blow it out from so even the pipes in the ground should be free of any water. The pipes will hold air pressure all winter so when I return in the spring it is reassuring that when I open the faucets and hear the hiss I know there are no underground leaks. It may be safer to leave the faucets open but this method has been working for about 12 years.

Over several years, I have made all the mistakes you can make. Two years ago, when I opened the valves to feed water to the guest house I also turned on the breaker for the hot water. I learned the hard way that the air locked hot water heater wouldn't fill until I opened a faucet. Both electrodes had to be replaced.

I am not sure if this is the reason but I left an LCD television in there for the winter and it was junk in the spring. I think the (L stands for liquid) TV froze. Now I remove the new TV and put it in a building that stays at 50 degrees for the winter.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote