Thread: Face Masks
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 02:47 PM   #76
VitaBene

Thanked 1,608 Times in 823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee View Post
The only relationship between the AMA and the AAPS is the use of the same alphabet.

You could come up with a list of positions that the AMA has taken which would not be valid today...that is the way things go over time. But the AAPS list was wrong when made and never true.

I am not defending the AMA but trying to compare the AAPS and AMA is just not a valid argument with respect to scientific / medical value.

And just who is the “we” you refer to? Why can’t there be a discussion of individuals without making it a debate between 2 sides.
Agreed on "sides". There will never be political consensus between 2 people unless they are the most strident conservative or liberal, even then they would find things to disagree about!

I had never heard of AAPS until this thread.

To the No Mask people, will you mask for work, to go shopping, or to a restaurant? I have typed it before on this forum, but it is amazing how fast we adapted at work to distancing or masking. 95% of the time we stand in a circle talking and everyone naturally goes 6' apart. What was once a tighter circle is looser. If we cant distance we mask. It's really not much of a hardship.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post: