Thread: Hey rocks!!
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 01:21 PM   #46
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Although I agree with you in principle, there are about a dozen spots around the Lake that you simply must memorize as they do NOT hold precisely to compass logic.

These spots were all identified in an old thread here which I could not find to reference.

Below is a perfect example -- no one in their right mind should ever split between 2 Black Tops ……. yet it is the proper/safe route.
So I was looking at this.... and thought quickly about it... You are not splitting Black markers in that situation.... In fact those markers aren't even pair in any sort of fashion..... In both cases you should be navigating to the north or east side of the marker, but not to the south or west side of the marker..... by going between them you are satisfying those requirements....for each marker independently... which is how they need to be thought about.... The only time Markers are not independant is when they are solid black or solid red, then they are marking a channel...