View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 03:54 PM   #16
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
Unfortunately sooner or later snowmobiling in the lakes region is going to get difficult. Development and landowners not wanting to open there land are the major contributors to this.

I see it every year when I drive around... Clearly marked trails, and sled tracks that go way outside of those trails.

But NH is not alone in this, I see it in Vermont and Maine as well, both of which I visit often.

I understand why the OP, and Vita Bene are upset and tired of dealing with this stuff. They put tons of time in every year, so that people have a nice trail system. And then the "privileged" few, ride outside permitted areas. Unfortunately in this day and age, trying to police from with in doesn't work... A experienced considerate rider, may want to speak to uninformed "privileged" riders, but can't for fear of retaliation.

With that said this is no different then inconsiderate and "Privileged" boaters...

At the end of the day the "Privileged" few will ruin it for everyone...

I hope this is worded more Politically correct for some of you... As someone that has fought battles for the greater good, it is a thankless activity.... You find yourself emotionally attached to issues.... and when "Privileged" people screw it up, people should be allowed to come on forums like this and vent.
Well said L.I.! I couldn't agree more!

Unfortunately being an avid snowmobile enthusiast, I feel its more than just a few causing the problem. I feel this winter activity that I love has more than its fair share of irresponsible riders (I am being nice here!). It's certainly not "just a few".

One of the big issues Vita mentioned above..."mountain" or "off trail" sledding is gaining more and more popularity each year and with VERY limited places for this type of sledding to occur, riders take advantage when no one is looking. Going off trail through someones open field filled with fresh powdered snow or trying to climb some incline or breaking their own trail through the middle of someones private property. I see it almost every time I am on a trail.

I don't have the answer but do know we as snowmobiler's are our own worst enemy!!

Thanks to John H. and all the others who stay active in clubs and try their best to keep trails open for all of us. It must seem like a losing battle at times and I commend all of you!!

Dan