View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 11:43 AM   #57
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
It’s really not crazy at all. You not talking about 10’s of thousands of dollars and with today’s interest rates you are losing an extremely minimal amount of interest especially when you consider it is amortized over every paycheck. Most do not have the disciple to save the 25-100 per week extra they are receiving in each paycheck and also do not want to risk owing 4/15. Many of my clients use it as a forced savings and when they receive their refunds they go on vacation, pay credit card bills or improve their homes.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
It's not crazy, I agree with Rusty, too. So many people want to make sure they get money back when April comes. Yes, some because they never save and others because they feel like they are getting a gift of money to spend. But it is hard for a good accountant or anybody to figure out how much somebody is going to owe or get back because most people don't have just a simple paycheck. If you did only have that, a single person claiming one exemption should be just about right. ( I am just agreeing with you Joey.)
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tis For This Useful Post: