View Single Post
Old 08-08-2021, 04:51 PM   #148
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mercier View Post
Water treatment in this area is generally reverse osmosis with UV treatment. It is the most cost effective system with Laconia having the building and system built so that it could easily double or triple current output. The lake water is removed from Paugus and treated.

Our well systems generally put out iron (staining) and calcium (water spots)... hard water... but some location have organic matter and can experience soft water conditions that need to be resolved. Simple test kits exist for each.

We can get doses of arsenic or leaching of various distillate derivatives, but that is rather rare. Radon is generally only a situation with an artisan well, as the granite can embedded the water with it... but other than on the map (https://www.dhhs.nh.gov/dphs/radon/d...don-map-nh.pdf) would be rare... with odds increasing on whether the home is really tight (low air exchange) and has a basement/cellar or a crawl space.

It would be doubtful to be able to purchase a home in a low density area, not on a water body, that had the option of municipal water and sewer.
I would only use reverse osmosis as a last resort (something bad that can't be filtered out) there a quite a few negatives with it that I didn't want to deal with.

PH is great, Hardness is great and the Iron is all undissolved Iron (a lot easier to remove). I currently have a 1 micron sediment (removes most of the iron takes it from 3 ppm to about 0.3 ppm), Pentair Iron Filter (brings iron to 0 ppm good for 80K gallons), Pentair 0.5 Micro Carbon for the whole house (all 4.5" x 20" big mothers). And a Water Drop 0.01 Micron Carbon combo at the Kitchen sink for cooking and drinking.

Oh and I had to swap my anode in the hot water heater from a passive rod to an "active" one, otherwise hot water smelled like rotten eggs. Very common issue with well water.

In MA I have a 1 micron sediment filter for whole house and just the Water Drop 0.01 micro under the kitchen sink in MA on town water.

No Reverse Osmosis, No Softener and no UV needed.
mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote