View Single Post
Old 08-08-2021, 10:39 AM   #142
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post
IIRC, you bought lakefront on New Hampshire's most pristine large lake.

Why saddle oneself with rust stains, chemical shocking, Radon and arsenic content, when especially good water is available with minimal treatment? (If any).

I don't expect Town Sewerage to be available in our lifetimes, but they can't double your lakewater bill. (Though I expect they'll find a way).
I’ve had Well water at 3 locations. Only issue at all 3 was iron which is easily removed. Just had a well put in an it’s great. Town water around here (not available where I’m at) is ok. Most town systems need some sort of “treatment”.

I have a gareden and lawn I water back in MA with a fairly good size water bill and most of it is not going down the drain. But sewer would double the bill. I think it would cost $10k or more just to be allowed to hook up. Price keeps going up. And then $10-20k to actually hook in. So it could cost $20-$40k and double my water bill. Vs $200 to pump every few years.

You are not required to hook up. Probably if building new or septic needed replacement yes. But they don’t force you to disconnect from a working septic. I doubt any town does that. But possibly in very problematic area they do.
mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote