Thread: Weirs The Beef!
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 09:46 PM   #15
trfour

Smile Wow, Another Good Kid Steps Up To The Plate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Guy View Post
Sorry,
Never give directions when you have the street name wrong.

OH MAN, tell me about it!
One of my many jobs, was a Mechanic for Leaseway of New England, more money was welcomed, home based in Beantown where we had over a 1000 registered trucks in Boston proper, and tons more beyond that! I'd get there in the afternoon, jump into my service truck and head out with a list of service orders to correct any deficiencies that occurred. I was also on call for any breakdowns and had to go back to the shop on occasion and break out what we affectionately named "Big Birtha". An old Mack Thermodyne gas powered tractor with a Big Ben fastened to the fifth wheel. A hydraulic towing apparatus.
One day, oh and was it ever hot, one of our Columbia Gem meat products trucks broke down in the South Station Tunnel during rush hour. I can attest that the exhaust fans in that there tunnel were grossly inadequate, as I dang near died fighting traffic, hookin it up and getting it out of there.

To make a loooong story short. Besides my dispatcher being dyslectic in his interpretation for directions, for my locating in the BOSTON area, I was equipped with a mobile phone so I told the dispatcher very early on to just give me the truck driver's phone #.

Worked for me!
2010 and movin on

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html