Thread: Tiki Boats
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2021, 12:41 PM   #4
MeredithMan

Default No snakes; just snacks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
Thanks for the report back, I LOVE seeing them on the lake, they make me smile every time. Any time we have guests on our boat I go out of the way to find and point out the Tiki boats.

That said I'm surprised to find you bring your own food and snakes and drinks, I thought they would be selling your these items??? Very unexpected, and maybe a little disappointing. If its an escape/recreation activity I would be happy to pay for them to serve adult beverages, snakes and lite food offerings.

Oh Well, I still enjoy seeing them, always brightens my day.

Now if I can only find a Wonkatania boat to cruise the lake in, I could really be a happy man.
Some folks might bring snakes; we brought snacks...

I'm guessing the "bring your own" keeps their business model very simple and they also avoid the liability of people being "over-served". I did ask our Captain if he had ever had anyone get out of control, and he told a story of one young couple who were doing shots and the girl said she was gonna flash everyone on the boat. The boyfriend told her not to, as did The Captain, but she did anyway. The boyfriend then smacked her, and she punched him back. That was it...ride over.

The Captain was in interesting guy. He drives the Tikis here in the summer and then when they shut down in the fall, he goes to FL and is the first mate on a large sightseeing sailboat for the winter, then back to the Tikis in May.
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MeredithMan For This Useful Post: