View Single Post
Old 06-17-2023, 08:56 AM   #10
bigdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2717 View Post
most definitly a blend door issue with the aix box, they often get stuck (although more and more these days on all models) sometimes the gaskets heat up so bad between blasting heat and the hot cars that they become like glue and stick the doors shut or jam them - have these this often, and twice on two of my cars - over the years.

if under warrenty that is great - the blend box is under the dash and most times the dash board has to be competely removed to replace it. I found a shop up in Lebanon NH that has done so many of these they have their own short cuts that really cuts down on the labor in replacing these - for example I had an older jeep Grand Cherokee - they were hald the cost of anyone else in the labor area, because they knew how to dissamble the dash in a way as to not having to drop it piece by piece and every section. Was about a $1200 job instead of over $2400 as the book shows in hours for the repair

The "Blend door actuator was the issue, and replaced by Irwin at 'no charge', as car is still under warranty. They dd have to remove the dashboard, and took about 2 hours. They did an excellent job, kudos to Irwin Hyundai !
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote