View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 09:58 AM   #3
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Here's what I don't get.

Snowmobiles are VERY expensive toys.. to buy and fix, regardless of age. So why in the world does anyone think it's a good idea to run them on less than marginal snow conditions and even worse ride them through the mud, through swamps and on dirt? Do that many people really have no clue that this is the worst thing you can do to one of these machines or is it just they don't care? Boggles the mind... and certainly explains why there are so many problems due to a serious lapse of common sense amongst a handful of riders.

Will be interesting to see what the future holds for not only snowmobiling but ATV use as well. Seems like there is just enough riders that just don't seem to care about anything but themselves, and because of that feel as though they have every right to ignore whatever they deem to thwart them from going and doing as they please. As has been pointed out a million times, most of the trails are on private land and landowners have every right to say no. Sadly by the time it gets to that point EVERYONE suffers. There is only so much the clubs and the NH F&G can do to prevent this or catch the perpetrators. They can't be everywhere all the time.

I get so aggravated every time I see postings like this -

To all you guys who work tirelessly to keep the sport alive, run the clubs and do an enormous amount of work so that we all can enjoy it... THANK YOU!
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: