View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 09:01 AM   #2
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default I feel your pain.

I feel your pain. On my side of the lake, we only have 3-6 inches of snow cover and the trail that goes through the woods at the back of my property has not been groomed yet. This trail is a little "rustic" as opposed to being a smooth graded trail without rocks and closely cut stumps.

Saturday, two snowmobilers went eastbound on the trail, on and off the gas, spewing snow and dirt/mud out the back of each machine. The two were obviously not caring about the trail and its lack of snow cover.

I do not snowmobile, have in the past, but simply wanted to help out the local club with an alternative trail when they lost the primary trail a few years ago when the property was sold. It is in part of our lot that stays wet most of the year, and so I am not particularly concerned. Other landowners, however, may take a different view on their property.

However, that type of behavior sure can make a mess out of the trails, making the ride seem more like a freestyle skiing mogul competition than a nice snowmobile ride.

I understand the frustration of those who paid their registrations early, and then can't ride, but land owners are vital to the trail systems in NH. Respect their land has to be the 1st priority of all who use the trails.

thanks for all you do.