View Single Post
Old 12-26-2022, 09:22 AM   #24
Kamper

Two trees came down about 5pm Friday night, about 1/2 mile from me. We had to go out so decided to just bundle up for the night, when we got back.

For the first time since I got it in 2010, my big genny wouldn't start even though it seemed ok on my pre-season equipment check. The apparent problem was no spark. I decided to not take time for it now and made a dash for Harbor Freight and got there at 925am Saturday. All they had left were 2000w inverter portables.

Since I was told my new furnace should only use clean power, I blessed my luck (and stifled my disappointment they wouldn't sell me one of the bigger floor models). The only issue was the diagram and instructions aren't quite right on where the oil plug is. If you get one, it's on the opposite side from the pull start.

The unit started right up and after the house was hot, I switched the line from the furnace (transfer switch) to my two refrigerators using a tap (heavy duty cords and tap).

I am happy with this item and may not bother to get a bigger unit even if I can't fix my old Chicago unit.

Many thanks to Clean Harbor for hazmat cleanup from the transformer that was involved and the line crews that got my lights on around midnight.
Kamper is offline   Reply With Quote