View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 06:20 AM   #40
dpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmc View Post
You could follow up and ask the police if they had a chance to contact the other dog owner, or how did they handle this. You were part of this, nothing wrong with showing concern.
Exactly... I'd follow up with the police also, unfortunately they may not consider an incident like this a "priority" of theirs. I still would not let mine go although in similar cases I do give him the full length of his leash. I'm working on training (classes too) however my dog right now acts like Lassie on his leash but doesn't always listen to commands off leash. When he's off he knows it and also knows at that moment there's not much I can do when he doesn't "feel" like coming to me, personally I wouldn't risk that. That's the problem with Weimeraners their WAY to smart for their own good. They can be easy to train when they decide to listen but also have a mind of their own 100% of the time. Lousy situation either way good luck. Don't worry sure the "gentleman" knows about you now and even though he didn't act it at the time he also is probably just as happy not confronting you again either.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote