Thread: chainsaw safety
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2022, 03:17 PM   #6
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky g View Post
hi folks,

I inherited a chainsaw several years ago (Stihl MS 200T) with no use for it at the time. Now I have a house up here and have use for the saw. I would like to start off by learning to use it properly and safely.

does anyone know of any safety courses in lakes region for such a course? I'd prefer something in person and supervised, rather than an online course.

Thanks,
Rick
I have never heard of a chain saw safety course. Not trying to be snide so please don't take it that way, but honestly you can probably find a ton of how-to's on youtube or Tik-toc that will get you good information/tutorials.

Are you looking to cut up branches or fell large trees? That saw is designed as an arborist saw for climbers to limb with. its specialized in nature and very finicky. They are known for carb and crank seal problems.

Personally, I would sell it as another poster stated and buy a new battery saw, like a Husqvarna or Stihl, and in a traditional style. I have a Husqvarna T536LIXP top handle battery saw for limbing and love it. I plan on selling my gas saw and buying their traditional style saw (540 I XP). Tired of dealing with 2 stroke problems.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote