Thread: Mail Delivery
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2020, 10:06 PM   #42
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Update on my post #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
We mailed approximately 90 notices in envelopes to members of an organization I belong to on Dec 5 th around 115pm. As of yesterday, I still have not received my copy. Most of us live in Alton, New Durham, Gilmanton, and Barnstead.

Mailed in Alton. Of course, it leaves Alton and goes to Manchester to be sorted and then comes back to Alton (for Alton and Alton Bay mall).

The only good thing about mail in Alton is that at the Alton Bay PO, Prudence is excellent in her service, once the mail arrives in her office. She is old school; customers first.

Dave
Well, I went to the post office today and my long awaited notice had arrived. Good, job USPS. Not!!!!!

As noted above, the envelope was mailed on 12-5. Lo and behold, it was postmarked in Manchester on 7 Dec. So what took 11 days to make it back to Alton Bay?

How about a return trip to the Manchester facility. You see, there is a second postmark on the envelope on 15 Dec in Manchester!!!

In my PO box in Alton Bay on Dec 18th. So now the question is "Where the hell was it for those 8 days between postmarks"?

You can't make this crap up.

Dave