Thread: Mail Delivery
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2020, 06:11 PM   #41
Jdarby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfessor View Post
Anyone who has worked with delivery vehicles knows that a safety check is done before driving vehicle. If there are safety defects in the vehicle - then that vehicle is not used until all safety items are repaired.

If a safety issue occurs during the delivery driving - that vehicle is taken off the road and another is provided.

That is common knowledge in the delivery business.

Department of Transportation.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
OHSA.

Apparently some reading here have never worked in an industrial environment.
Apparently some reading here have never given or listened to a weekly safety talk.

My dog doesn't bite. Well, sorry, this is the first time.
My walkway/driveway is clear. I walked on it to prove that. Opps. sorry you fell down. Maybe I should have put some sand on the driveway. Sorry.
Ha! Yes indeed! A safety check identifies all potential safety defects on a vehicle? It identifies those that are deemed as unacceptable risk for the company operating the vehicle. Other occult issues may exist that are not identified in a vehicle safety check. Walking a driveway to check for ice or other dangerous conditions is a hazard assessment. It’s not to say someone can’t fall and be injured. Again, its about managing risk to an acceptable level. Your pious indignation about what fields some people have worked in and have not is quite humorous. Also....never given or listened to a weekly safety talk? I honestly appreciate anyone with a passion for safety. So, I applaud your intent. I probably have no idea what I’m talking about while I’m working as a Senior Director of Safety for a billion dollar air transportation company. God bless and have a happy, healthy, and safe holiday season!

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Jdarby is offline   Reply With Quote