View Single Post
Old 09-27-2021, 02:13 PM   #266
MeredithMan

Default And now for the "chicken shortage"...

Not a lakes region restaurant, but this fits in with the theme of this thread.

We were back in Bedford, (NH), this past week and went out to one of the local rests for dinner. There was a sign on the hostess desk that had in big letters, "THE NATIONAL LABOR SHORTAGE". Their sign stated that due to the national labor shortage, seating capacity is limited, and people may be turned away. It was a Weds night and it was early-ish, so we had no problem getting a seat.

When the server came by to take our drink order, she said that due to the "national labor shortage", (her words), they hadn't received a food delivery in several days. As a result, there weren't serving any entrees, just appetizers, salads/soup, and sandwiches. We were ok with that, as we just wanted something light.

I decided to get the chicken wings appetizer and a caesar salad. When I asked the server the difference between the regular size and large size of wings, she said that, "due to the CHICKEN SHORTAGE, there were only about 8 wings on the regular size. I said, "chicken shortage??" "Oh yes!", she replied...

Fast forward to last evening...we went to Buffalo Wild Wings in Manchester...no chicken shortage there....!!
The Following User Says Thank You to MeredithMan For This Useful Post: