View Single Post
Old 08-14-2021, 05:56 PM   #33
longislander

Quote:
And it isn't the date that you chose to purchase property in NH?

SWEPT isn't redistributed and has a hard cap...
What the voters in each town and school district decide among themselves is not a State level issue.

If you are unhappy with your property taxes - and most everyone is regardless of the amount - attend and vote the meetings.

If you're not a resident of NH... sorry, I don't see a future that option exists in.
"But the question over how to structure the tax, known as SWEPT, continues to fuel debates in New Hampshire."

https://newhampshirebulletin.com/202...ding-solution/

What part of that is difficult to comprehend?

The original issue was the four rates of the the town tax, and that the state School Ed. and County were not, and are not voted on by the town voters. That is still fact, no matter how much is tried to be "swept" aside.

Quote:
If you are unhappy with your property taxes - and most everyone is regardless of the amount - attend and vote the meetings.
Looks like you swept this aside:

Quote:
I knew in 1974 when I bought my first property that I had to pay taxes to Moultonborough. When I became a resident in 1996 I knew I could now, vote on town issues. Also knew/know non-residents cannot legally vote. Moultonborough taxpayers pay much less than most other towns, even with crazy sales and assessments, and I'm very happy about that fact ... not conjecture.

I also attend every Moultonborough Select Board business meeting, and annual town meeting, and annual school district meeting. Do you? I'm still not unhappy with Moultonborough taxes; quite the opposite. You can read?

Quote:
If you're not a resident of NH... sorry, I don't see a future that option exists in.
Quote:
When I became a resident in 1996 ...
Might I suggest this for apparent skills, or lack thereof:

https://www.nhti.edu/course/reading-comprehension/
longislander is offline   Reply With Quote