View Single Post
Old 08-14-2021, 11:50 AM   #25
longislander

Quote:
I think I explained county rate and State Education rate in my post. I shouldn't have to reexplain it.
No need for your interpretation.

Quote:
It since there has been no ''donor town'' since the first Lynch Administration, really not an issue for those paying attention.
Wrong.

May 20, 2021 — Officials say return to donor-receiver formula would be a 'failed ... rejected the donor town system in 2011 and should do so again now,” ...

https://www.wmur.com/article/nh-prim...akers/36492595

Quote:
And what you are describing for the local town and school, is by all means a town vote process... not a State Legislative process.
I stated those two were town resident votes. County and school ed. are not. No need to commingle, for confusion.

Quote:
Bottom line is you agreed to the system when you purchased property in NH, since the State Constitution was not recently ratified and no one on this forum was here before 1784.

I knew in 1974 when I bought my first property that I had to pay taxes to Moultonborough. When I became a resident in 1996 I knew I could now, vote on town issues. Also knew/know non-residents cannot legally vote. Moultonborough taxpayers pay much less than most other towns, even with crazy sales and assessments, and I'm very happy about that fact ... not conjecture.

The constitution became effective June 2, 1784, when it replaced the state's constitution of 1776. So what?

Are you trying to point out:
State Constitution - Form of Government
Part 2, Form of Government, New Hampshire State Constitution.
[Art.] 5. [Power to Make Laws, Elect Officers, Define Their Powers and Duties, Impose Fines and Assess Taxes; Prohibited from Authorizing Towns to Aid Certain Corporations.]

On January 5, 1776, the Congress of New Hampshire voted in Exeter to establish a civil government, and specified the manner and form that government would have. The Congress ratified the Constitution at the urging of the Continental Congress. The 1776 Constitution did not contain a Bill of Rights, nor was it submitted to the people of New Hampshire. The constitution was the first constitution ever ratified by an American commonwealth.

I'll repeat the bottom line ... try not paying your taxes ... resident or not!
longislander is offline   Reply With Quote