View Single Post
Old 08-13-2021, 09:41 AM   #7
Woody38

I was raised in Ohio. Went back a few years ago for a reunion. My take away was I don't want to ever go back again. Real estate prices, I think the average house in Ohio is somewhere in the area of $89,000. I will continue to pass through on my yearly trek to California.
You do not have to let the assessor into your house, however you will have little leverage to combat the assessment. They may just as well decrease the assessment due to condition or increase it if there has been a complete kitchen renovation of $75,000 +/-. When living on Cape Cod some complained of their tax increase. But were told that when 3 years later their taxes would be probably less than the others that had been reassessed since. 1/3 of the properties were reassessed yearly.
Somehow the house in MA has increased in square footage.
As for increasing summer income for business how would the businesses fare if that didn't occur. That small winter income would be yearly.
As for fertilizer many owners are opting for gluten types and I do think that the present fertilizers have discontinued the phosphorous and maybe lowered some nitrogen. I have now tried a product called D.I.O.S. to control weeds etc. It may have enough nitrogen to do the lawn some good.
Woody38 is offline   Reply With Quote