View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 02:16 PM   #13
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
One problem that vaccine skeptics have in their thinking (and I'm not saying this includes you), is that they keep looking for sure things, and then do nothing when they realize there are no 100% guarantees.

So with that in mind--to a large extent we have already vaccinated our way our of this. We have hundreds of thousands of people saved over what would have happened, and we have much more safety/freedom from disease than we would have had.

As we move toward this being like the flu in some ways, we will be helped be higher vaccination levels and the kids getting vaccinated soon. Trials are underway now
Not only did I get my vaccines, I get the flu vaccine every year and expect to get a COVID one like the flu.

My presumption is that new variants will emerge from other parts of the globe and sweep through just like the flu.

Being in what many consider a ''tourist'' area, I suspect that we will also deal with more of it than other areas.

40,000-50,000 Americans die from the flu each year... we have a vaccine... and still the death toll. The historic record is that we will never vaccinate our way out of this one. We'll see a decline in deaths and hospitalizations, but those that didn't get the ''message'' never will. And those that have, will get every booster - annual or otherwise.
The Following User Says Thank You to John Mercier For This Useful Post: