View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 01:37 PM   #12
Newbiesaukee

This is in response to #9.

You may be correct or not. I don’t know. And perhaps we were never going to vaccinate our way out of this.

And yet had we allowed for the 10-15% of people who would never vaccinate, with an 85% vaccination rate we would be in a much better situation than we are at the moment. The flu vaccines almost never have attained the remarkable results obtained with the mRNA vaccines in Covid with the roughly 95% protection so far.

And even if you are correct we should be able to do better than the current vaccination rate.

On the other hand, the chicken pox vaccines have very high efficacy and it is not necessary to revaccinate.

Not all virus’ are the same and it is a mistake (and beyond my pay grade) to get involved. As far as messaging, IMO making a big deal by saying the delta variant is “as contagious as chicken pox” is stupid.

Most people alive have never seen a case of chicken pox and only the oldies (like me) remember that almost everybody got it. But it’s meaningless for most folks. Again, ineffectual messaging.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
The Following User Says Thank You to Newbiesaukee For This Useful Post: