View Single Post
Old 07-17-2021, 01:28 PM   #14
Newbiesaukee

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmlp View Post
"And if we’re being “picky” why compare Lemon Grass with Lee Wah? Not all Asian food is the same."

The obvious reason for the comparison is they are two Asian restaurants in the same town. I will admit that some of my older children (3 out of 5) like "fake China" and Lee Wah is one of their fave. A classic dish like General Tso's chicken I find just detestable and they love it. Not all taste buds are the same!
Since we’re not really discussing a serious topic:

My point was that there is no “obvious” reason to compare those two restaurants as Thai food (fusion or not) has very little in common with Chinese food ( Americanized or not). The ONLY similarity is Thailand and China are in Asia. The original review was for Lee Wah.

You brought up the comparison to Lemon Grass. This is not anymore logical than to comparing it to other nearby restaurants.

And for the record…General Tso’s Chicken was developed in Taiwan. Whether that makes it Chinese is politically arguable. I’ve never tasted it.

And Think, the original poster, pointed out he got to Lee Wah because a variety of nearby restaurants such as Canoe and the Bob House were booked. He didn’t mention Lemon Grass.

Regardless, enjoy your weekend.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote