Thread: Vaccinations
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 04:58 AM   #347
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffk View Post
I would say those people make ill considered choices. Taking an extra couple hours to get a second shot of a more effective vaccine against a potentially lethal or crippling disease seems like the smarter decision.

Of course, it's THEIR choice. It can also be their choice to smoke, drink to excess and drive, have unprotected sex with strangers, ...
There's a sizeable number of people in America that simply don't have the time, transportation, or physical ability to get even one shot. Look at the situation in MA, where they had to offer up a "companion" shot for anyone who brought a 75+ person to an injection site. In addition, they just began an in-home delivery service to accommodate 25k people who would be otherwise unable to get vaccinated.

And it's not just older or low-income people who might struggle getting in two shots. I have former students—in their teens and twenties—who will find it hard to find the time to find an appointment and get to an injection site because they go to school during the day and work or play sports every other free hour.

One of the major failures in MA is that they focused on mass vaccination areas rather than going local like NH. I would've had to drive to Gillette if CVS wasn't given doses directly from the federal government. You know who wouldn't have been able to find the time for two 4-hour drives? This guy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app