Thread: Vaccinations
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2021, 09:09 AM   #342
SailinAway

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffk View Post
This is a complex question with answers based on your viewpoint. What is good for the whole population vs. the individual. The cost of the vaccine's failure. WHO is giving the advice. . . . I can say that I was VERY pleased to find my wife and I were getting Moderna. I would have probably accepted J & J because I am older and have medical problems and some protection is better than none. But, I would NOT have been happy and I WOULDN'T HAVE HAD A CHOICE.
Jeff, I agree with your take on this and that's exactly what I was asking about. I felt that both federal and state authorities were urging us to accept J&J without giving us the full facts. I understand the reasoning behind that, but people will be more receptive to government recommendations if they have honest facts about those. I did have a choice, and chose a site where I knew I would be getting Pfizer, because I didn't trust what we were being told about J&J; the information seemed incomplete. If I didn't have a choice, I would have accepted J&J.

(I just read two papers about the relationship between how the Chinese government communicated COVID-19 information to the public and the likelihood that people would comply with recommendations. How the information is presented determines whether people trust the source. Interestingly, people in China do trust government health information, which led to a high level of compliance and a quick end to the first wave last winter.)
The Following User Says Thank You to SailinAway For This Useful Post: