View Single Post
Old 02-06-2024, 12:10 PM   #8
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winilyme View Post
Back in September, I posted questions about appliances - and where to buy. Based on the advice provided here, we had a good experience shopping and purchasing at Baron's. No problems experienced with the Bosch fridge, GE range and Bosch dishwasher. At least so far as we only operated them for a month before closing up for the winter.

I'm now researching big screen televisions - looking at a Samsung OLED as we'll be viewing in a bright room with a wide range of viewing angles. I'm interested in (1) your experiences with different brands/types of big screen TVs, (2) soundbars you've coupled with your TV and (3) where you recommend purchasing from (or any other advice you have). I'm particularly concerned with the mounting as we'll be contending with a natural stone chimney (by no means a perfectly flat surface) and I'll want the mount to have a decent amount of downward travel to get the TV closer to eye level when in use and above the firebox when not in use. We'd also like to minimize the distance it protrudes from the wall when not in use. Note - we almost never use the fireplace & we don't have a mantle. I'm not sure I want to tackle the mounting job so wondering if there are any local Baron's-like shops that might provide a higher level of mounting service than I might otherwise secure from the usual suspects like Best Buy.

We're in Meredith. Thanks.
Digging into this a bit further, I assume you must have power above the mantel now to plug into? What are you planning on using for tv service? Do you need cable/ethernet going to it, or are you streaming wirelessly through the tv or a plug-in device? Things to consider.

If you plan on using a soundbar you will need to power it. If using an articulating mount, most sound bars can be attached with a bracket below the tv.

We decided to go with Sonos for all of our sound needs. In the great room we aren't using a soundbar, but have Sonos units in the room that interface wirelessly. Our master bedroom tv is on an articulating mount and has a Sonos bar attached. The Frame tv in the greatroom was our choice because of the extremely thin profile of the mount and body itself. We didn't want to see mounts and wiring behind it, and found that in this room we don't really need to articulate it.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote