View Single Post
Old 09-27-2023, 05:50 AM   #63
ApS

Question Maybe, We Should Just Drive Faster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mercier View Post
Notice was given on March 9th. Public hearings were on March 30th, April 4th, and April 5th. Our area generally goes to F&G headquarters for the hearings. Those were on March 30th. The ''rule'' generally isn't likely to be turned back. Few incidents with the current restrictions involving unintended targets have ever been recorded.
That's good.

In the past, there seemed to be many reports of "accidental shootings". (Usually out-of-state hunters shooting other hunters).

Regarding islands, where are these "harvested" deer gutted-out?

My neighbor can tell you. (Under high-water conditions, Wolfeboro Neck becomes an island). Over 100 acres of Wolfeboro Neck is posted against hunting, but guess who maintains a tree stand in the middle of that acreage?

A tenant's kid handed me a bone cut-through with saw marks. It was found in shallow water--under my dock.

On a walk with a Wolfeboro friend, I asked my companion, "This is a tiny State Park with lots of markings of antlered deer, but where are the deer?" She answered, "Look behind you". So that I wouldn't be contributing to the delinquency of deer, I'd carried a banana peel in my back pocket. Five deer were following me!
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ApS For This Useful Post: