View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 06:07 AM   #24
The Eagle

Default Suissevale Party

I was shocked to see this thread! I live in Suissevale, and not all that far from the beach, and yes, I was here Saturday, but didn't go..AND I never really heard the music. HONESTLY!
Here's a thought though. Imagine 350 different homes (like Suisevale) and a special Holiday (like the 4th of July) and no community beach party. However, everyone had their own party, with music and fireworks on the same night! In Suissevale, we pride ourselves on "Community Involvement." We all "socialize together," (all year long). We look after each other, and help each other. We have special events on the 4th for ALL the children, and adults alike, and we all do it together. We enjoy our friends, our famlies, and our valuable time here at the lake, and yes..we have FUN. That is why so many people look for homes in Suissevale.
It's ONE day, ONE night, and the rules keep any "party" from getting out of control. Live a little, sit back and enjoy life. It's too short and too complicated to get "worked up" over everyone else having a good time.
I'll admit I am more upset over people lighting off fireworks at 1:00 AM! It reminds me of my 1968 and 1969 4th of July in Vietnam! Vietnam..HUmm..Maybe that's why I truly enjoy the celibrations of the 4th of July..It means our FREEDOM!
"The Eagle"
The Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Eagle For This Useful Post: