View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 12:23 PM   #87
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Thumbs down Saving money???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarneyPoint
I think the raising of the transponder price unexepectedly is a little unfair but I applaud the legislature for ending token use sooner rather than later. I guess people will have to take advantage of the discounted transponder price right away. It made no sense to have a 50% discount for tokens and only a 30% discount for EZ Pass because there was no incentive to buy an EZ Pass transponder. Now that tokens are going to be gone by Sept. 1 and no longer in use by Jan. 1, 2006 people should be more willing to make the switch saving time, money and helping the enivronment by not idling needlessly at the toll booth.
I don't know how this will save money. As a commuter who has to go through the bedford and Hooksett tolls twice a day, I will have to spend $156 more a year at 30% instead off 50%. That is minimum amount. I go through the toll booths a lot more than the 20 times a week. I like the way Maine set up the system for commuters. They will only take out of your account a set number of dollars a month. After that amount it is a 'free' ride.