View Single Post
Old 06-19-2005, 07:48 PM   #76
ghfromaltonbay

Thumbs down Open a 2nd account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatto Nero
I don't remember reading anywhere that only NH drivers get the discount. Just buy a new transponder from NH and you are all set, right? I don't hink it matters where you live.
I have had an EZ Pass account thru the NY State Thruway system for quite a number of years. Why should I have to buy a NH transponder and shell out an additional $5 and then maintain balances of $30 each under the NY and NH systems? I get the NJ Turnpike and Garden State Parkway discounts using the NY transponder. I would also be afraid that unless I had a shielded holder for the NY transponder and got a NH one, I'd be double charged if both transponders were read going thru a NH tollbooth. I'd also have to constantly be changing transponders halfway thru my trip before I hit the NH state line. Doesn't seem worth the added effort and accounting & paperwork. If I as a NJ resident can buy NH tokens and get the discount why can't my transponder also qualify? I'd move thru the EZ pass line and not slow up the NH traffic as much as I do paying with tokens, but yet I'm to be penalized by being charged the full amount for using my NY EZ Pass? Still seems unfair on Interstate Highways.
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote