View Single Post
Old 06-19-2005, 11:00 AM   #74
DRH

Default It's less than that

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLboater
If I read the terms correctly the cost for a casual user if $30 for the transponder (1 time) and $1.00 month for maintainence plus tolls.
Is this what those that got through and opened an account paid?
FLboater,

The transponder costs only $5.00 for now (it jumps to $30.00 sometime later this year), and the $1.00 monthly fee only applies if you want a monthly statement printed and mailed to you. An electronic monthly statement is free. (You tell them which you want when you sign up.)

If you have two cars, you can order two transponders on your account @ $5.00 each. (It appears that you can order up to 4 transponders for each personal account.)

Also, there is a $30.00 initial charge to fund your EZPass account. As you use up those funds by using the EZPass toll booths, your account balance will drop. At some minimum balance point (the exact point isn't clear at their web site), another $30.00 (minimum ... could be more based on your useage) will be charged to your credit card and transferred into your EZPass account to fund future toll charges.

I was able to sign up on Friday morning before their site went down. My credit card was charged, and I was assigned an EZPass account number. When the site comes back online, I'm going to check to make sure my account is still there!