View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 02:15 PM   #17
jmen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Wal-Mart Plymouth still sells gallons of black, white, & grey Rustoleum gloss oil paint for about $26.00/gal. I betcha you could find left-over gallons of oil paint without too much trouble simply by asking around at local stores. Oil paint has a shelf life of maybe twenty years, as long as the lid is tight and it's kept from freez'n.

...hey...from 1919-1930...alcohol was outlawed too...but did that keep people from using their favorite form of alcohol.....ya know...adding the correct amount of alcohol to a paint job always seems to produce a higher quality paint job....why is that?
That was true 2 years ago when the ban took affect, betcha didn't know it even happened. Also check the label, it is either LoVoc (which uses a linseed oil or soy based oil) or water cleanup oil based. Take a long think on that one, when was the last time you used water to clean a brush used for oil paint. That is for the oil paint.

You are still able to get certain oil or Alkyd paint for metal, but FLL are you really using that stuff to paint the deck....

I will agree with the alcohol added to a paint job, mostly because I absolutely hate to paint and that is the only way I can get through it. It only looks better when it is finished that day, the next day provides a different view of the results.

Anyway, here is to hoping that the boardwalk holds to the hill for many more years to come. May even increase foot traffic from folks coming down to see how it came out.
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote