View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 07:50 AM   #6
Shore Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
The old Weirs boardwalk was built with pressure treated lumber, real natural coniferous wood, and the new Weirs boardwalk is decked with grey colored trex, a plastic composite.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong over time, but by looking at the trex decking used on the Meredith waterfront walkway that borders the Inn at Bay Point, that trex does not seem to hold its good looks nearly as well as the light colored mahogany natural wood decking used on the newer section of the Meredith walkway, close to the Inn at Church Point and the town docks.

It's pretty tough to out-perform natural wood for decking. Did Laconia make the best choice by choosing grey trex which is a very expensive product? Time will tell....wait a few years ...and let's see how the Weirs grey trex looks compared to the ten year older mahogany in Meredith's town dock?
Have to disagree with you there. I see it every day in my neighborhood which was built by 2 different builders. There is a good reason most high-quality builders have gotten away from natural wood decking (unfortunately not mine). If you see a poor-quality "Trex" decking, its not Trex. The worst you can expect is some fading.
Shore Driver is offline   Reply With Quote