View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 07:09 AM   #79
Belmont Resident

Default Responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Maybe you missed what it says in the "Posting Guide Lines":

Be Polite

Always show courtesy and respect, even when you strongly disagree with another person.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...lines_faq_item

Judging by the responses, and thank you everyone for all the well wishes, I would say that pit bulls and the people who own them are not well liked in the lakes region.
The same opinions and statistics that were put on this site were also brought up on social media where the subject was discussed.
Most of us who own animal do so responsibly, but there will always be those who have to own an animal that is known to be dangerous, both to other people and other animals as well. I believe someone else summed it up when they said it just makes them look cool/macho amongst their friends.
I noticed donthasslemeimlocal that the show and picture referenced were from years gone by before our population exploded and before statistics were being kept on just how dangerous these dogs are.
How many shows are out now that have pit bulls in them? I do not recall any!
Like you donthasslemeimlocal I am sure that lady who owned the monkey who almost killed her and left her disfigured for life thought monkeys were perfectly safe to own. Most who own dangerous animals think nothing bad will ever happen right up until it does.
donthasslemeimlocal I do not know you but judging from your total lack of tact or common sense I doubt you are welcome in most circles. You are welcome to have you opinions on pit bulls, but before you go off ranting about things you know nothing about you should do your homework.
The word terrier is a word used to categorize a group of dogs, it has nothing to do with blood lines what so ever. The following link may help you become more educated http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrier.