Thread: Pit Bulls
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #53
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakepilot View Post
I have a friend with a male and female Jack Russel. In his case it's the female that is hyper and acts like this. If it were always the owners that are the problem why are some breeds of dogs more hyper then others?
Lakepilot, read up on Jack Russell's, they are normally a very hyper breed of dog. While they are not normally an aggressive dog they like any other dog can be.
I noticed in the video Rusty posted that the lady that had the hyper JR was older.
No disrespect meant but when older/elderly people get dogs they tend to shower them with love and affection but do very little when it comes to discipline. Kind of like grand parents with grand kids, they can do no wrong.
We have been very lucky to have gotten Jack Russel dogs that have taken well to training and interact well with any dog they have met in public.
I take mine with me to work all summer and she sits in the sun all day sleeping or watching me work. I've even got her to stay on command if she see's a squirrel or chipmunk. That took a while to achieve.