Thread: Pit Bulls
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #48
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipiseogee View Post
BelmontRes - I mean no disrespect by posting this on your thread but it seemed the appropriate area for the discussion. A pitbull puppy was tied to a bumper and dragged over a mile yesterday (mind you pit bulls are subjected to more abuse by humans than any other dog breed - wonder if its a coincidence?). Most statistics I can find suggest that humans inflicting acts of cruelty against dogs each year is higher than the incidence of dogs biting humans. Even the breeds being discussed are a result of humans breeding these undesirable traits into their animals. 60 years ago pitbulls were the single most popular family dog in america. Its only when the Scott Vicks of the world decided to breed them to fight each other that problems start to arise. We need to focus on what we can to target Bemont's irresponsible neighbors and leave the poor dogs alone.
As much as I now hate the breed I would NEVER advocate this type of torture to any animal.
But I do not agree with you. As stated earlier I believe the breed is a ticking time bomb weather it gets all the love and training in the world or it is trained to fight.