Thread: Pit Bulls
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 11:57 PM   #39
Flylady

Default Dogs that Attack

Belmont Res. I am sorry for your loss. Unfortunately usually only those that have personal experiences with dogs attacking understand the true capabilities of certain breeds. Pit bulls and rottweiler because of the attack gene bred in are always capable of killing and there is NEVER a guarantee that something, however minor won't trigger that attack circuit.
For the doubters, look up how many children have been killed by their family pitbull or rottweiler. Surely they thought their dogs would never hurt a family member, but humans and dogs do not think the same way.

My son was attacked by the neighbors rottweiler when he was 6. The dog crashed through the front screen and ran across the street and attacked. He aimed to kill. Clearly the two little boys playing in their front yard triggered something that caused him to "snap". Luckily my son was saved by a 17 year old who fled with my son while the dog continued to lunge toward my son. They both sustained a lot of injuries and the hospital took pictures of them before treating.
Unfortunately the owners also thought it was fluke and decided the dog needed to be neutered. Within a few weeks the dog was seized and put down.

So for any owner of the suspect breeds, never, never ever trust that your animal is not capable of killing your pet, child or a stranger.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flylady For This Useful Post: