Thread: Pit Bulls
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 05:26 PM   #33
magicrobotmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phantom Gourmand View Post
BR, so sorry for your loss.
I too have no use for this breed of dog. A few years ago my son came over our house with a friend's pit bull. I told him to keep it on a short leash even while in the house. Though I was able to "pet" it, I didn't trust it. I dropped something on the floor, fairly close to the dog. As I bent to retrieve what was dropped, the dog lunged for my face. I managed to reach out and caught it by the collar and held it at bay until my son was able to get it under control. I consider that I was pretty lucky to make that collar catch.
I asked my son to get that dog out of my house and not return with it again.
I have a hard time thinking that some folks think they are really a gentle breed. They are not. There are way too many horrible stories like this one.
I'm sorry but this story doesn't show that all pit bulls are terrible killers. It shows that that dog was. Obviously there are bad pit bulls, as has been stated there are bad dogs of any breeds. Anyone who own a large strong dog needs to be responsible with it, just like anyone who owns a gun needs to be responsible with it. This extends to putting it down if necessary. I don't know why anyone would keep a dog around that had to be physically restrained over a piece of food like this one. To me it's equivalent to keeping a loaded, cocked pistol on your coffee table.
The Following User Says Thank You to magicrobotmonkey For This Useful Post: