Thread: Pit Bulls
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #17
Pineedles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
It is a terrible situation when another dog owner denies involvement, especially when he/she is a neighbor.

I knew a doberman breeder in Nashua that was attacked many times by his own dogs, yet he thinks nothing of it. The owners are as much to blame as the dogs.

I did rescue a female Rotweiler who was dying of cancer. Bette was the most gentlest dog I can imagine. She would let the cat take over her bed without a fight and allow my grandbabies to sleep with her. Yet, I met folks that are deathly afraid of Rotweilers and say I am out of my mind.

You can't blame the dogs, blame the owner/handler!
I too want to chime in with my sympathy for your loss. Very sad to hear of this often repeated story.

Rotweilers are very gentle within the family and for those people that are recognized as welcome members to the home, but they are also very protective of their owners. I wouldn't mess with anyone who owned a Rotweiler.

I have a friend who adopted a rescue pitbull puppy and he appears to be as gentle as lamb. Who knows what he will grow into, but for these owners it will not be nurture that dictates an aggressive demeanor. They are very loving and even tempered folks. The owners are launching a facebook campaign on how this breed is not a threat, but I feel they are not only being very protective of their new puppy, but also being very naive. Time will tell, and through knowing them and their dog, I will form an opinion. I love dogs, all dogs, and I don't want to form an opinion based on stories. BTW, I don't dispute what happened, I just want to see for myself if this pitbull matures an aggressive trait.