View Single Post
Old 02-16-2022, 10:35 AM   #57
LakeDad

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
There are plenty. Have you been to downtown Portsmouth lately? Some are in the $2-4mil range! I live in Dover (at least for a few more months until we move permanently to Gilford) and real estate all over the seacoast is booming. Tons of people relocating to the seacoast, and summer is big down here. Personally I spend my summers in the lakes region.
“Plenty”, “some” and “tons” are not really measurements. I don’t know which area brings in more revenue, but there are ways to look this up.

My wife prefers the seacoast and I prefer the lake.
I won this time

Property tax tends to be one of my primary motivators when shopping homes: One could argue that property tax is one of the most immoral taxes: Who wants to pay a lifelong mortgage after you’ve already paid your property off? This got to be such a problem in CA, they capped it based on an annual % of the purchase price, regardless of appreciation.

Alton, Gilford, Wolfeboro and Moultonboro bring great value. Some of the sea coast has similar value, so both will remain popular for years to come.

When I look at Gilmanton, Bow and other places, I’d have a hard time justifying a purchase. A house the price of mine in Bow would have double the property tax.
LakeDad is offline   Reply With Quote