View Single Post
Old 12-30-2021, 07:55 AM   #38
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Snowblowers

Had a 24" Snapper since 1985. What a workhorse. I'm getting a little older and it's getting harder to 'manhandle' the machine, so someone convinces me to get a bigger machine. I bought a 26" Arien from Lowes in Gilford. Been having problems from the start. Belt slippage, differential, etc. Lowes does not service what they sell and Ariens directed me to MB Tractors in Tilton. Still had problems but the warrantee paid the repairs. It's a pain to load up and travel to Tilton.
After the 3-year warranty expired, it is not fixed. A call to Ariens and basically they say it should have been fixed. Oh well.
I'm back to the old reliable Snapper. I gave the Ariens to my son-in-law who is a handyman. $800 loss. He attempted repair by replacing the differential with aftermarket and adding a stronger belt tensioner. Less than $100. It's been working fine since. He asks me if I want it back. No thanks, I'll keep the Snapper.
I usually maintain my lawn equipment on my workbench, but if I have problems, I look for a dealer. If it's too far out of the way, I had good luck with Tri-County on Messer St in Laconia.