View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 07:48 PM   #66
map

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
I just did the same. Left NY officially in July and making my NH house my home. My move from NY has been planned for several years it was not a result of the pandemic or ruination of NYC by its inept Mayor although it is extremely sad to see especially since my company had helped build the city. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I hear ya! We have also planned for years. I was forced to resign my job in 2018 At age 62 and my husband retired 12/31/2019. He is 66. That’s the date we closed on our N.H. house and we moved in February. Our 32 year old son- single and our only child- has been up in Plymouth for 10 years already. Went to college there and never came home.

Our home in Sullivan County, NY never really appreciated like you would think, though we did at least get back our remodeling costs from the past 10 years. But it was now or never to make the move. What we purchased in The Weirs compared to what we owned in NY is no contest. The NY home on 10 1/2 acres of land was so much Bigger and better, but was time to downsize. It cost us just as much for this little house as we got for our NY house. Ok- it is new construction and cookie cutter- but still...

It’s noisier, no privacy, no land, but a house and community we can age in. I can’t go through moving again. It was exhausting! And I don’t think the homes in the community I am in appreciate that much. Just judging by the few resales I have seen here.

I’m with you about the mayor (and the Governor of NY). We also had some other factors where we lived that we wanted to get away from. I hope NH can hold onto its independent and live free or die constitution.

Last edited by map; 08-27-2020 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Spelling
map is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to map For This Useful Post: